Friday, June 12, 2009

Psalm 111

"I will praise the Lord with my whole heart,
In the assembly of the upright and in the congregation."

This is verse one of Psalm 111. I, at times, find it harder to praise the Lord with my whole heart while I am in the company of "Believers". Am I the only one who feels this way? There are times that I feel like I cannot praise the Lord the way I want (with my whole heart) because I am afraid of what the "upright" and the "congregation" will think. It is ridiculous that I worry about it so much, but to be honest I do.

I want to tell of His great works and show others that His work is honorable, glorious and that His righteousness endures forever and I want to praise Him without shame.

I love that verse 5 says He is mindful of His covenant. What an amazing thing that He is aware of His promise of forgiveness and eternal life to those who trust and obey.

"The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom;
A good understanding have all those who do His commandments.
His praise endures forever."

See a common theme? This is the last verse in Psalm 111. And that is my prayer for myself to fear the Lord completely so that I may fully understand His wisdom and obey His commands thus offering Him the greatest praise possible: My complete life.

No comments: