Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Habakkuk 1

I wasn't sure which chapter to read and then blog about so I just opened my Bible. Ever read Habakkuk? I have... once... a long time ago.

Habakkuk asked the Lord, ""...how long shall I cry, and You will not hear?""

I have asked the Lord that so many times. But what good does it do if you aren't willing to take whatever answer the Lord gives?

The Lord replies saying He is going to bring the Chaldeans, a bitter and hasty nation. They will march through the breadth of the earth, to possess the dwelling places that are not theirs. They are terrible and dreadful; their judgment and their dignity proceed from themselves.

Hardships, trials and temptations, are all part of life. What does Father Love say about trials? To rejoice in them. I struggle with this. I know all the right words to say so I can make it look like I'm rejoicing. But knowing how to ignore and bury my emotions make it easy to fake to everyone around me and even myself.

The end of the chapter Habakkuk goes into how the Lord is from everlasting, He is of purer eyes and cannot look on wickedness. But then Habakkuk ask why He looks at them, why the Lord holds His tongue when the wicked devours a person more righteous than he?

It does seem that the Lord overlooks the wicked. But we know that is not the case. Perhaps chapter two will have the answers for those questions tomorrow.

No comments: