Monday, June 1, 2009

The Cornerstones of My Wall

I don't know if it's because I've been watching for it. But I can feel my buried/blocked emotions. I can feel my hardened heart.

It has to be the Holy Spirit working wonders in my heart, mind and soul.

My problem right now is I don't want to change my rock-hard emotions. I like having this wall between me and that person. Maybe I'll want to change soon, but right now, I don't. I don't want to talk to this person. I don't want to be around this person. I want nothing to do with this person.

Damaged ego, hurt pride and feeling completely worthless are the cornerstones of my wall.

Thankfully, I'm not covering them with false attention and gains. I even ignored some today. Victory in the Lord! That is my song and I'll sing it loud and strong!

Goodness, I am so glad my Savior never gives up on me.

1 comment:

Mickey said...

Rock-hard emotions are the easy way. Tis easier to not feel, care or let your true self get involved. REALLY living is often about that road less traveled, you know, that hard one that requires work (and being authentic with yourself and the LORD, not in that order).