Monday, June 8, 2009

A Battle for my Heart and Mind

I am venturing into uncharted, unknown, and undiscovered territory. I have just signed a vow of celibacy for the next 30 days.

For me this means blogging about one chapter of Scripture a day. I chose to blog about it because writing something about the Word of God for everyone to read would require deeper diving into the Word. It would be a source of accountability.
I will also be researching four different subjects within Scripture during this time.
I will spend time every morning and every evening praying, repenting and glorifying God. I have set aside certain times during the morning and evening hours.
I will blog, tweet or post on Facebook 5 blessings God has given and/or shown me that day (again, this is another way for me to be held accountable).
I will also not think about marriage, dating, having a boyfriend, etc for the duration of this vow. I think about these subjects way too much and it needs to stop.
I will also spend time fasting from things that have tendency to comfort me in ways they shouldn't (like food. I am an emotional eater).

This vow has been typed and printed. I have signed it with today's date. A and someone else will sign it as a witness and an accountability partner. I do not take this lightly. I do not take vows lightly at all.

I write all of this to say that I need you to help me. I need prayers. This will be a journey like no other. To be honest I'm scared because I know how much control I've allowed satan to have over my life and this is the beginning of a battle for my heart and mind.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am praying for you Lydia. I am proud of you for taking this step in your walk with God. I believe God will show you things over this time in your life while you are pursuing Him and only Him. He will bless you immensely.

Lydia said...

Thanks Hannah! Love you!

Mickey said...

Praying for you, my friend.