Sunday, June 21, 2009

My Desire

Okay, so now that all the heavy, glorious stuff is out of the way!

I can tell all I've been listening to is country. My southern accent is so strong it's not even funny (actually it is!). But I don't care. I like having a southern accent. I want to buy GA boots that fit so I can wear them during the winter. I want my own rifle (and/or pistol). I want to learn how to shoot and I want to go hunting. I want to float down the river. I want a hay bale. I want to take walks in the woods. I want to go mud bogging. Basically, I want to be a country girl through and through. I think in some ways I have always wanted it. But the older I get, the more I realize I want to be a true Southern Bell. I want to drive tractors, ride horses and I want to raise my children, in the south, doing all of those things.
I was telling the Lord tonight I may have been born in TN, but I should have been born in GA. I have loved GA since we moved here and believe I love it more now than I did 17 years ago.

I woke up with this verse in my head and it has stuck with me all day. Kind of a mixture of all these (thanks to all of my friends who sent me verses when I didn't have my Bible!):

Psalm 40:6
Sacrifice and offering You did not desire;
My ears You have opened.
Burnt offering and sin offering You did not require.

Psalm 51:16-17
For You do not desire sacrifice, or else I would give it;
You do not delight in burnt offering.
The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit,
A broken and a contrite heart -
These, O God, You will not despise.

Proverbs 21:3
To do righteousness and justice
Is more acceptable to the Lord than sacrifice.

Isaiah 58 (just read the entire chapter)

Hosea 6:6
For I desire mercy and not sacrifice,
And the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings.

I have not kept my vow very well. In fact, I have plain sucked at it. And I'm not trying to make excuses for that. I'm just beginning to realize that God would rather have my obedience, trust and praise more than anything. This vow has been a sacrifice of sorts and praise the Lord for second chances (or else I'd be done for!). I pray He continues to work in my heart as He has been and even more so because I am nothing without Him. He is my desire.

No comments: