Thursday, April 2, 2009

Siblings and Childhood Dreams

*smiles* I just looked at my last blog and that picture is one of the funniest things I've ever seen! haha! I took terrible! Goodness, I felt horrible earlier. But I'm much better now. My brother and I worked it all out. Can I just say I love my siblings! They are simply amazing.

I am sick of the rain. Completely sick of it. I wish the sun would shine and shine and shine! The rivers are almost to the point of flooding. I just about skipped class today. I hate the thought of missing class but I was really worried about the river. I decided to see if the water was over the bridge before making up my mind. It wasn't over so I went to class.

Did you know yesterday was Debbie Reynold's birthday? Well, it was and on TCM yesterday they were showing all kinds of Debbie Reynold movies. So I recorded some of them. Today I realized that one of the movies I recorded was one I've wanted to see for over 10 years. My parents bought That's Entertainment III when I was 8 or 9. I memorized that movie. Literally memorized it. That's Entertainment is a collection of clips from MGM movies, interviews, and fun facts about the stars from that time. There was one clip that was just a sliver of a clip with Debbie Reynold's and from that small sliver I decided I wanted to watch the movie that contained it. But That's Entertainment didn't say what the name was so I've spent the last 12 or so years wanting to watch that movie. The name of that movie was Two Weeks With Love and I watched it tonight. I loved it.

Wow. What a day. It's way past my bedtime. I am so tired. I'm not going to set my alarm tonight. I'm going to sleep until I wake up. I haven't done that in forever. I'm looking forward to it. I deserve a day off now and then don't I?

I would like to know why, if there are good guys out there, just why they are hiding under rocks as CoolGuy says? I wish guys would actually be men and ask a girl out or something. For heaven's sake. Do you know how many girls I know that are single who would love it if a godly man pursue them? Way too many. I'm too tired to think intelligently about this right now. I'm going to bed. It's taken me about 2 hours just to write all of this. Good night friends.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok....I have a theory on this its a tough one and you might not agree with me but its ok....ok so here it goes you say you want a godly man that is basically a manly man who should go after a girl he likes and not be scared to do it right? Ok here's the rub christian men for some reason aren't being very manly to begin with or otherwise there would be more godly warriors out and visible(which is why christianity is decreasing) the world is telling us that to be christian men were suppose to peaceful and to never offend anyone which to a certain extent is true but were suppose to be soldiers for christ. For some reason while we were growing up in christian homes we were taught to have such a respect and reverance(which is good) for the opposite sex it kinda made us scared to talk to women for fear of rejection, because you don't fear losing something that doesn't have high value on it! Not to say there aren't strong godly men out there but there's even less of those lol sorry......especially at our age. But anyways I thought you had a couple of different guys asking you out? ........anyways ttyl (sorry for going so long) if you have any questions i'll be glad to explain myself.

Lydia said...

Actually I agree with you. It's interesting you said men should be warriors because we had a discussion on this very subject at my Wednesday night Bible study. But if the men from my generation don't begin to change how they act towards women then how will future generations of men change? And I could write an entire blog about this now. Anyways, yes, I did have a guy ask me out the other day. And then I have a tea date... and the other guy I felt like he was trying to make something happen, but I wasn't going to let it happen. So there have a been quite a few guys in the past week or so. But they aren't strong, godly men. The tea date is with a guy who is like a brother. And the first guy I have very solid reasons for telling him no. If you want to know email me. I don't want to post my reasons on here.

Anonymous said...

a thought just occurred to me this morning as i was getting ready.......you feel as the godly men are hiding but i realized this today as well godly women are too. so i guess i have a question for you are you really putting yourself in social situations where there are godly men around being social and not just at church. because if there are two people hiding under rocks they will never meet unless their under the same rock. so i guess i want to challenge you this week to maybe spend some time just hanging around godly guys(of course not just you though lol) with no agenda except to really get to know people

John Mark said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.