Thursday, April 23, 2009

Freakin' Amazing Size 8!

Updates. Don't you just love updates?!

First, I am not going to Toccoa in the fall. My dear ol' dad figured out that I can save over $3,000 if I go to MGC instead and then transfer to TFC in the spring. So that is currently my plan.

Secondly, I am wearing size 8 jeans right now. That probably doesn't mean squat to you but it mean a whole zut much to me (yes, zut is a word). I haven't been a size 8 in over two years. Before my mom passed away I was a size 8 and had been for years. Actually from the time I was 12 until I was 17, 18 I wore the same clothing. I hated shopping with a passion and I hated getting rid of my clothing plus I didn't gain any weight during my teens (besides the natural filling out girls do while going through puberty). Man, I can remember the shopping trip I took at 18 because I had finally gotten to the point where I couldn't wear the little girls size 18 jeans. I went to a size 6 or 8 in juniors/womens and could occasionally fit into a 4. Anyways, the point of all that (besides reliving my glory days of being super skinny!) was to say that after mom passed away I gained weight like a mad woman. This past August I was a size 14. I decided at that point that I was going to lose weight. I have no idea how much I weighed because I most certainly did not step on that scale! But I have lost 10 pounds since January (the scale doesn't scare me anymore!) and am now in a size 8!

What am I doing? Biking about once a week for an hour or more (I like to go an hour and a half to two hours) and then the past two weeks I've been "eating" protein shakes for lunch. I know that took off the last inch or two that I needed to get off in order to fit into my jeans. And I've really cut back on the sugar and the dairy products (I haven't cut it out it completely; gotta have that Starbucks sometimes!). I don't know if cutting back on the dairy has had something to do with it or not. But I bought these jeans on the way to bridal shower and even though I could get them on they were too tight for the public and now I'm wearing them around town!

I'm doing the protein shakes in order to prepare my body for a cleanse I'm going to do after finals (May 5th!). All you do is drink a combination of lemon juice, cayenne pepper and grade B maple syrup when ever you are hungry. This is supposed to clean you out! As I've heard it said, "Since we wash the outside of our bodies it only makes sense to clean the inside." I am a firm believer in cleaning the inside as well as the outside (physically and spiritually!) I think next week I am going to slowly cut out my meals and just do an 8oz protein shake about every 3-4 hours. That would be one at 7am, 11am, 3pm, 7pm and then if I need one later in the evening I'll do that too. I don't want to throw my body into shock when I start the cleanse. So I'm trying to give it a heads up!

Oh, in case you are wondering, I've been making my protein shakes with raw milk (thanks to a very good friend for the milk! Jesse, you are amazing even if you do pick on me!)

I don't want to seem stupid but I have no idea how this works. At the end of the semester how will I find out what my final grades are? I've been keeping up with all of my grades as far as essays, projects, quizzes, etc. but how will I know what my GPA is? I know those were probably stupidest questions ever but give me a break. I was home schooled and did not have report cards and this is my first semester so I have no idea what I'm doing!

If you had to guess (this is purely for my own amusement... and maybe so I can analyze) what would you say my "type" (for a guy) would be? I'm just curious.

Can I just say that I freakin' adore RG?! In the past six years God has given me three big brothers and they just keep getting better! RG is incredible. I am so thankful he doesn't mind my crazy questions. Or the fact that he doesn't get offended if I confront him (which has happened many times!) I love that he is so stinkin' honest with me. I'm thankful he takes time for me. I really feel like his little sis. I love having a guy friend who is just that: a friend. And the fact he told Candace last night that he enjoys/appreciates/likes (I can't remember exactly what she said he said) that I talk to him about my guy problems warms my heart because sometimes I feel like a complete idiot! I am beyond thankful for his friendship, his encouragement, his leadership, and his willingness to help when I need someone. He is a true blessing in my life. RG, you are wonderful my friend.

I have to go. The bro has a baseball game and I have to drop him off. I'll try to post again soon!

2 comments:

An Alabama Acre said...

i believe you view grades through bannerweb maybe? the memory's a bit rusty

Lydia said...

Is bannerweb the same thing as Blackboard/VISTA? I just pulled that up and it has a place for grades. I'll check there again after finals. Thanks!