Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Makes My Heart Melt

I'm not used to not having a comment from CoolGuy when I get up in the morning... so it was very disappointing this morning when I checked my email and didn't have one. That's a hint! lol ;)

I'm doing a speech on Raw Milk vs. Pasteurized Milk and have decided to cut all dairy out of my diet. My family eats a lot of dairy. So for lunch I'm eating oatmeal with peanut butter, raisins and raw almonds. And then I have some raisins, almonds and peanut butter on a plate. It's not that good but it's what I'm eating. My siblings are afraid I'm going to make them starve. Of course, I'm not going to do that. I'm just cutting it out of my personal diet. So unless it's certified organic (raw) milk/dairy products I'm not going to eat or drink it.

Tonight I am going to hang out with a bunch of Libertarians. Trying to put myself in more social circles than what I'm currently in.... It should be interesting. I'm excited about it.

Well, I need to finish lunch (ha! I don't even know if you could call it lunch... it wasn't very filling... I'm going to have to work on that if I'm going to keep eating this way... which I am going to continue.) and then start some research for my English essay. The first draft is due tomorrow and while I've got that completed I would like to add a few more things.

Oh! But wait! I've been listening to quite a bit of country music lately. Have you guys heard the latest from the Zac Brown Band Whatever It Is?! I love this song. Read the lyrics. I have a favorite part.

She's got eyes that cut you like a
knife and
lips that taste like sweet red wine
And pretty legs go to heaven every time
She got a gentle way that puts me at ease
When she walks in the room I can hardly breathe
Got a devastating smile knock a grown man to his knees

She's got whatever it is
It blows me away
She's everything I wanted to say to a woman
but couldn't find the words to say
She's got whatever it is
I don't know what to do
Because every time I try and tell her how I feel
it comes out "I love you"
You got whatever it is

You know I've never been the type that would ever want to
stay
Bring 'em home at night and they're gone the next day
But that all changed when she walked into my life
People ask me what it is
I tell them I don't know
Just something about the woman makes my heart go haywire
She's gonna be my wife

She's got whatever it is
It blows me away
She's everything I wanted to say to a woman
but couldn't find the words to say
She's got whatever it is
I don't know what to do
Because every time I try and tell her how I feel
it comes out "I love you"
You got whatever it is

When she loves me
Girl that's how I feel
When she loves me I'm on top of the world
Because when she loves me I can live forever
When she loves me I am untouchable

She's got whatever it is
It blows me away
She's everything I wanted to say to a woman
but couldn't find the words to say
She's got whatever it is
I don't know what to do
Because every time I try and tell her how I feel
it comes out "I love you"
You got whatever it is


Okay so the last bridge (I think that's what music savvy people call it) is my favorite part. I want my husband to feel like he is untouchable because I am by his side. That part makes my heart melt! I am such a romantic! haha!

4 comments:

Mickey said...

Just FYI~~It's not COMPLETELY hormone free, so it's not really organic, but the Dairy Fresh brand of milk is free of artificial hormones. They do still use all the "natural hormones", whatever that means. It tastes better and is usually cheaper, too!

BTW~~I hope you NEVER settle for less than complete adoration from your Jacob, whoever it may be. That's God's best, I think. I believe that when a relationship/marriage truly is God-ordained, both people feel that way about one another--whole, complete, adored, cherished, wanted, needed, stronger, steadier and untouchable just because of that one other person in the world.

All of that is more than the romantic love that brings home flowers just because and slow dances in the dark at midnight. It's also the decision, the choice, to love anyway when it makes more sense to roll over and go to sleep at night instead of not letting that sun set, or even when it makes more sense to just walk away from it all when it just gets too hard.

It's the kind of love that I've heard you speak of in your parents. The kind of love that makes a man watch HGTV day after day, in a hard uncomfortable chair just so he can be with her through it all, whatever IT happens to be.

That's what I pray for you.

Anonymous said...

Hello miss lydia! I miss it when were commenting back and forth! I was reading over the last few blogs and I really liked that song! the lyrics were great and then reading mickey's comment. It all Made me want to go sweep a woman off her feet Lol....but then it Got me to thinking.....as christian men if were not suppose to go looking for that special someone and just let him bring us that person. how will we know that G-d has brought this person to us.... for us to persue......this question sounds right in My head lol but I may have made it confusing.....I really didn't understand the hint but its ok....oh and I like the pics my favorite one's are the first and third one......I like the other two also though....

Lydia said...

Hey Ms. Mickey. I know that the organic milk is not completely hormone free but it has to be better than the other stuff. But the milk I have at home right now is raw (straight from the cow, illegal to buy except for animal consumption raw!!).
I desire to have the same kind of love my parents did in a relationship. I hope it is everything you wrote and more in Christ. Thanks for praying.
CoolGuy - the hint was for you to comment. I will respond to the whole relationship question later. You need to leave me a clue as to who you are... :)

Lydia said...

Oh, CoolGuy. You can't expect to sweep a girl off her feet if she doesn't even know who you are.... Just a thought.