Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Social Media Tips

A recent pin on Pinterest had this written beneath it:

"Pin now, look later"

Sorry, friends! This is *not* how Pinterest is supposed to work.

There are amazingly crafty people in the world with amazing ideas and they should receive credit for those ideas! So PLEASE! Look NOW, pin now!

It is so simple and quick to verify a pin. If it opens to an actual website (blog or site) with directions, etc, (not just pictures), then you're good to go! Pin away. If it opens to a tumbler, a single picture (or blog) without giving credit to the creator then just stop and don't repin it.

I admit, there are times I get so excited about pins I see on Pinterest that I forget to verify (we aren't perfect!) but I do my best to be very mindful of everything I pin.

So be kind and give credit where credit is due!

Look now, Pin now! and.be.happy!

No comments: