Friday, March 27, 2009

New Favorite Friend.....

I have today discovered a new favorite friend. I haven't laughed that sweetly or freely in a while. And everything that was said was actually funny. Nothing crude, rude or plain ol' dirty. Yes, I have a new favorite friend. And for the first time in my life I'm looking forward to drinking tea. I have a tea date. Fun stuff.

New favorite song?! I have one of those too! This is the day for favorites! Yes! I LOVE favorites!

Okay, so my new favorite song is Firefly by Jimmy Needham. You can listen to it on his myspace page or on mine. I have it playing there nonstop! Here are the lyrics:

It’s tulips and it’s daisies
Your favorite flowers lately
You think that I ain’t listening, but you know I do
With your two lips on me baby
My head starts getting dazey
Don’t give me a flower
What I want is you

CHORUS
It happened on the day you put your hand in mine
You went up to my head just like a glass of wine
Girl, you spark my attention like a firefly
And make me happy to be alive

You move into a room like
Summer breeze at noon time
Baby, out of nine, I’d give you ten
Your love is like an ocean
Surf and spray in motion
Baby, I’m a diver and I love to swim

(Chorus)

These are just simple words of mine
And though most of what I feel is hard to rhyme
Ain’t it good to know your boy gave it a try?
O a try
It’d take a thousand colors just to paint your eyes
Like saving grace, they raise me up to paradise
This ain’t opinion, it’s consensus from my heart and mind
You make me happy to be alive


This song makes my heart melt. I hope one day a guy feels that way about me... And what a cowinkydink! One of my favorite flowers are daisies. I'm falling in love with a song.

Since we're (well, technically just me, but I want to include you!) all about favorites today... *breaks out into song* These are a few of my favorite things!
*bust out laughing!!* Okay so if you read this, you HAVE to comment and tell me your favorites. It won't be fair if you don't. You'll know all about me and I will know nothing about you. I might cry. Well, probably not, but I will feel pretty sad. So you should comment! ;)

Soooo.... Favorite(s)?
Smell: Fresh cut grass. Coffee. The smell of wood burning (that smokey smell! it's hott!). Chocolate. Food when I'm really hungry. Shampoo (I love shampoo).
Drink: Black coffee. Water. Coke as far as soda is concerned. Green tea. Juice (man! I love me some juice!!).
Food: I don't know why I put this here. I can never think of a favorite food. :(
Weather: Sunny but cool with a slight breeze. That is what I call perfect weather.
Time of day: Dusk or late at night when the moon is all big and bright and everyone is dancing!
Color: Brown!!
Place to get coffee: Around here... Starbucks.
Way to exercise: Biking is my new favorite (I have a story about this... I was rescued today! Remind me to tell you later!)
Thing to do on the weekend: Watch a movie (sometimes by myself). Read a book. Hang with the siblings. Driving on dirt roads! Eating ice-cream with the windows down in the car.
Networking site (you know, twitter vs facebook vs myspace?!): Ummm.... I don't know. Blogger?!
Type of music: Sweet and smooth coffee house music. Christian. Country. Pop. Jazz. Swing. I love music people!
Word: Freakin'. Heck (depending on who says this word I think it's cute! I'm so weird!)
Phrase: Hang it!
Person: See above. Bethany. Marianna. Joe. Dad.
Thing to wear to bed: ;) Not telling!
Movie: This is another stupid favorite question. Who can pick a favorite movie?! There are a lot of good ones!
Song: Firefly (right now)!

And I'm having a hard time coming up with more than that! I almost wrote favorite deodorant! Mine is Secret. The crystal clear gel kind. But you didn't really need to know that.

Remember. You read. You comment. Or I cry. *grins*

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

favorites... oh I'm so bad at favorites..

Smell: horse feed (the kind with molasses), spring!, the smell right after a huge thunderstorm the night before and it's clear and cool and fresh the next morning, baking, fields
Drink: water, chocolate milk
Food: umm... right now I really love these s'mores bars I had for desert today. They were like rice crispies except with graham crakers and chocolate with the marshmallows! mmmm
Weather: a warm spring day.. not hot
Time of day: definitely sunrise/sunset or the middle of the night when the stars are out and it's so quiet and it's just me and God.
Color: hmm... constantly changing.. orange or any pastel color
Place to get coffee: at school...? Jazzman's
Way to exercise: running outside
Thing to do on the weekend: books, movies, hanging out with people, sleeping!
Networking site (you know, twitter vs facebook vs myspace?!): facebook?
Type of music: Christian, but I don't really have a favorite type
Word: hmm.. I don't know.. but my favorite letters are capital, cursive F and L
Phrase: "that reeks!"
Person: Caleb, Dad, Mom
Thing to wear to bed: PJ's
Movie: pretty much whatever one I have watched recently that I really liked. Inkheart was really good.
Song: oh wow, way too many... music is so important in my life..
Beauty From Pain (Superchick), At the Foot of the Cross (Kathryn Scott), 1,000 Miles (Mark Schultz), Come Fall Fast (Josh Bales), I Need You (Josh Bales), Remember Surrender (Sara Groves), Hope for Every Fallen Man (Relient K)... (in no particular order) and many more... lol music is my escape.

Lydia said...

Hey Hannah! I'm glad you commented even if you aren't a fan of favorites!

Anonymous said...

Favorite(s)?
Smell: ummm let me see I i've never actually thought about this before I think my fave smell would have to be baking bread and I also like fires and new shoes and women that wear really Nice perfume.
Drink: I love green tea! And water is really Tasty(even though it doesn't have a taste) my fave soda is sprite.
Food: I'm an all american guy I like hamburgers and chicken sandwiches I also like my fruits too
Weather: I didn't have to change this one, Sunny but cool with a slight breeze. but I do like rainy days to.
Time of day: since i'm not a morning person I like night time either being in the city with the moon over with a slight breeze or in the country in a field looking up at the stars
Color: blue but green is gaining!!
Place to get coffee: Starbucks but I had a thought about opening my own.
Way to exercise: walking hiking and playing basketball
Thing to do on the weekend: Watching a movie, just Driving around getting lost and just having peaceful time by myself
Networking site (you know, twitter vs facebook vs myspace?!): Facebook!
Type of music: Christian. Pop. rock. Alternative. R&b.
Word:umm I don't know Yepper I guess
Phrase: idk
Person: ......my family and friends
Thing to wear to bed: t shirt and boxers Movie: idk I like war movies and romantic and adventure everything really
Song: no clue I love music way to much to choose!

Well Now you know a little about coolguy33 lol it was fun filling this out......oh yea i'm suppose to remind you to tell a story about your bike ride it sounds interesting lol

Lydia said...

CoolGuy!! I'm so glad you filled this out. Do you know how curious I am? The fact that you have your profile on private kills me! So you've managed to satisfy a bit of my curiosity and yet raise even higher all at the same time.
I definitely think you should open a Starbucks! That would be amazing. Green is very in right now. Have you noticed that all the new spring fashion has some type of green in it? And I like the fact that you are an All American Guy who likes hamburgers and basketball! How 'bout some Candace Parker and Lebron James?! I'll post that story pretty soon. Thanks for the reminder. :)

John Mark said...

I LOVE SURVIES (something like that)
Favorite(s)?
Smell: fav smell? Easy my sisters cooking something!
Drink: mountain dew for soda, sobe I like those, grape juice.
Food: chick-fil-a YOU ROCK #1 COMBO WITH MILKSHAKE!!
Weather: I love the wind so any thing with strong wind! (even tornadoes)
Time of day: any time I can put on survivalist suit and go out side and run!
Color: I like to put lime green and black together and sometimes blue and black
Place to get coffee: I well hate coffee (sorry coffee fans!)
Way to exercise: survival stuff and any thing outside (other than yoga! Trust me on this people!)
Thing to do on the weekend: work on my story, run in the woods!
Networking site (you know, twitter vs facebook vs myspace?!): idk
Type of music: fav music I don’t have favorite music but songs my fav is viva la vida: coldplay
Word: adventure!
Phrase: (this is hard) uhh, ive got an idea!!!
Person: Jesus Christ, the fam, and bear grylls
Thing to wear to bed: jeans and no shirt
Movie: pirates of the Caribbean 1,2&3 (OH Yeah no spell check on that!) lotr and all star wars
Song: viva la vida: coldplay

Mickey said...

Smell: Ed's cologne, clean (little) kid, freshly cut grass, warm chocolate chip cookies,
Drink: Water is all I've drank since I started losing weight, so I guess it wins by default.
Food: I'm having food issues today so I don't even need to go there!
Weather: Warm, not hot, w/ a cool breeze
Time of day: Late at night when all the kids are asleep and Ed & I can actually sit and talk
Color: We've been over this before, Lydia. I don't get that favorite colr thing!
Place to get coffee: Dunkin Donuts or Krispy Kreme (of course it could just be the donuts!)
Way to exercise: Whatever is most effective at taking all this extra stuff off of me!
Thing to do on the weekend: Dates!!!, sleeping in, breakfast (I don't cook preakfast during the week so Saturday morning breakfast is a big family thing), Popcorn and movies on cold days, frissbies bat and balls on warm ones!
Networking site (you know, twitter vs facebook vs myspace?!): Facebook
Type of music: Christian. Country. Pop. Jazz. Swing. I love music! It depends on my mood as to what I'm actually listening to.
Word: The only words I can think of are the ones that I'm trying to not say!
Phrase: Shut it!
Person: Ed, Rachel, Andrew & Sarah, and any on my very short list of VERY good friends!
Thing to wear to bed: That strikes me as being TMI.
Movie: Who can pick a favorite movie?! I could prolly list 10!
Song: Alabaster Box by Cece Winans, In Christ Alone, Come to Jesus by Chris Rice


I hardly EVER do these, but I've been catching up on your blog tonight and it seemed like fun!