Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Looks Matter.... Not.

This past week I've felt ugly. I know that sounds kind of... well, it just sounds bad. But that's how I've felt. Mainly because a guy I was talking to saw a picture of me and hasn't talked to me since. And then another guy wrote a reference letter for me and just praised every "good" quality concerning me he could think of and after he read it to me I couldn't think of anything to say. It was too much... I know I am not that good or amazing. But after getting off the phone I wondered how he can think all of those things and yet not be attracted to me? Of course being a girl I would think that it has to be how I look.

I know I'm not bad looking but both of those things did make me feel a bit depressed about how I look. So it was incredibly encouraging today when I'm grocery shopping in Wally World and this gorgeous guy smiles at me every time I pass him. AND then!!! I saw my favorite big brother in the world and he told me he could tell I'd lost weight!!! YES!!! That made my day. I've been exercising like a mad woman and to know that people can tell it was like being given a million dollars! Not that I know what that feels like but I can imagine!

Apparently it's turkey hunting season. I didn't know that until today. See I had this crazy wild craving to go 4-wheeler riding. But I don't think that is going to happen. I don't own a 4-wheeler so I was bumming rides from Johnathan and/or RG. I really want to go riding though. Hang the turkey! We can ride and shoot like the cowboys! haha. Okay, it's time for me to go to bed. I can always tell when I've stayed up too late because I end up writing crazy weird stuff!! Good night people.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey hope your doing well. i just want to sat this without offending you. i find you really attractive. you have a smile that probably makes anyone's day from your picture any guy would be lucky to have you. your more attractive than just your physical attributes from what i can tell from your blog you have a lot going for you. sorry i tried to say that as respectful as possible lol. maybe that's what the guy on the phone was trying to do he was probably worried about offending you about how he might think of you(not in a bad way) i don't know if that Makes any sense to you lol but anyways hope your doing well G-d Bless!

Lydia said...

I'm not offended at all. In fact you made my day. And then as if the Lord wanted to confirm what you'd said I had a guy at the BCM this morning tell me I would be pretty with or without my hat! Thanks. I appreciate you friend.
And that is not what the guy on the phone was doing. I'm positive his thoughts had already been on the nasty side. At that point I was trying to come up with a way to stop talking to him so it worked out for the best anyways. It just hurt my ego I guess.

Lydia said...

Do you know how many times I've gone back and re-read your comment? I've done it a lot. Thank you for everything you said.