Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Obama

Did you watch the inauguration today? Obama's speech was AMAZING! Man, that guy, wait. stop. pause. rewind. Mr. President Barack Obama can write! He is the man when it comes to writing a speech!
My French Professor (bless her!) let us watch it. I will be forever grateful that she did. I hated that I was going to miss it so when she announced we would watch it in class I wanted to jump up and do a jig! Not really, but I was really excited!

I was very surprised though. More than half of my class left when she turned it on (she said we could but I didn't think anyone would)! Come on people! This is history in the making! Thirty plus years ago this was a dream that men and women across America didn't think could come true! And you are going to skip it?! Insane. Doesn't what is happening in America matter to you? The racial binders that are being further broken don't they cry out for you to stop and listen to the change that has take our country by storm? "I have a dream!" Those famous words. Today we've seen that dream lived out. We have an African-American President! God is incredible. This is all His doing.

My children (if and when I have some!) won't wonder why there's never been a black president. I wonder if I'll have to explain to them the times when that was unheard of. I am so proud to be an American. I'm so proud I was able to witness this moment in history. I am proud to have an African-American President.

If you didn't watch it, I highly encourage you to take a moment and do so. I'm sure you can find it if you google.

No comments: