Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Online Dating?!

So I have a confession. I have joined, not one, but two online dating sites. You would not believe the confusion, the madness, and the crazy people on those sites.

There are two reasons people join online dating sites:
1. They are desperate.
2. There are no prospects within their social circle.

I am not desperate by any means. In fact, I am quite jumpy when it comes to dating. My now married sister couldn't get past the second date. I cannot get past the first.

I have two requirements for dating a guy:
1. He *must* love Jesus with all of his heart, mind, soul and strength
2. I *must* be ferociously attracted to him.

I love meeting new people. Now that doesn't mean in the long run that I'll actually like them as a person, but I do like that first exchange of words, the first impressions, the first everything. So being on these sites is wonderful thing for a person like me.

People intrigue me.

Anyways, if I'm not attracted to a guy, I won't even give him the time of day. I don't see why I should. In the long run, it's a waste of his time and mine. And that means I'm playing games with him. And I hate people who play games with other human beings. It's stupid, childish and shouldn't be done.

I went on my first date from one of those sites this past Sunday. It made one thought I've had in the past very concrete. I don't want to date or marry a guy who is 23/24 or younger. Most of them are annoying, stupid, and need a good lesson on manners.

I've always been attracted to older men. Probably because they seem more mature, more experienced in the ways of the world, wiser, etc.

I want a man not a child.

To be honest, I'm not even sure what I'm doing on those sites. I don't know if I'm looking for a relationship. I don't know. I don't feel desperate. But what are feelings? Deceitful at best.

Right now, I'm here for the thrill. And to meet new people. I'll let you know what happens.

1 comment:

Mickey said...

Plus one vote on that going for older guys thing. They are more settled and are more certain about their goals in life.

Ferociously physically atracted or to the 'total package'?