Thursday, January 14, 2010

GoodBye!

I woke up this morning feeling worse than ever. I started crying again. And then it hit me: "Why am I waiting till summer to take a break?" I called Dad and asked him that very question. It made no sense. My body needs rest. I need a break. I need it now. So I dropped all of my classes.

Sometimes you have to do something crazy. This was my moment.

So I'm college class, stress, life, commuting, all of the craziness that goes with being a student, I'm free of it. And I feel better mentally and emotionally. I actually sang a song today instead of just listening. I can't remember the last time I sang along to a song.

I realize some people may wonder why in the world I did something so stupid. But let's review everything I did in 2009.

1. I started college. I took 12 credit hours and completed the Spring semester with one B and three A's.
2. Helped pack for family vacation (that is a big deal).
3. Painted the living room.
4. Painted kitchen cabinets.
5. Started Pampered Chef on top of the Spring semester.
6. Took 7 credit hours in one month. The Fall semester started a week and a half after I completed that mini-semester. I ended the summer with two A's and one B.
7. I took 14 credit hours over the Fall semester. I know I got one D, the rest were A's and B's in the rest of the classes.
8. I planned and hosted a House Concert for Josh Bales! How cool was that?!
9. On my end of GA I help get my brothers and three of the bridesmaids ready for my sisters wedding.
10. I worked 20 - 27 hours a week at my new job that I started during the summer.

Maybe it doesn't sound like much, but I also did most of the grocery shopping for my family, tried (horribly) to keep up with which bills needed to be paid, took A and the little boys for hair cuts, taught Joe how to drive a car, and I can't think of anything else.

I've got a headache now. And I need to finish supper. But there are my excuses for those who think I'm being stupid. Seriously, if you think I am, well, I don't want to hear it. I am doing this for me. I have to.

2 comments:

Audrey Marie said...

Wow. That is a lot for one year. You accomplished a lot.... and I'm glad you dropped your classes for a break. You'll never regret it for sure :)

Mickey said...

YAY!!!! You dropped 'em! VERY proud of you! (Can you tell that I'm catching up on your blog in order?!)