Sunday, August 9, 2009

Hunting.... Ticks? Not This Time!

I feel wired. I had a coke and then some "feminine" coffee. I had no idea coffee could be categorized by gender but apparently it can be. Black is, according to my friend, manly, and coffee with tons of cream, sugar and whipped topping is feminine. *smiles* He is funny.

I hate words. I don't mind talking, but I often find it gets me in trouble so I'm going to strive to be quieter. It will do everyone a world of good.

Ben is right. I do like people. In fact, I like more people than I dislike. I just dislike a few so strongly that it makes me feel like I dislike everyone (which is not true).

I saw the “old man” again Friday. I was putting gas in the van and he was on the other side of the pump doing the same for his truck. My heart rate shot up, my hands started shaking and I couldn’t remember the pin number for the card and then the pump told me to go see the attendant. We made small talk about how I couldn’t get the card to work (I had walked inside the station at least twice by that time trying to get the pump to take the card). I don’t know what to think about that. Joe saw him… kinda. Man, I’m telling y’all, he is old.

I went out to eat with Carrie and Deb tonight. Goodness, I love them. They are so funny and so much fun to be around. I love working with Deb. She is laid-back and knows all the gossip about everyone who walks in the store. I know no one in this town and being the Curious George that I am it is quite enjoyable to hear all about these people. I love knowing facts about people who don’t know me.

The more I’m around or see country boys the more I want one. I don’t want some boy with the mindset that the city is all there is. Trust me, that will get nowhere with me. I love dirt roads, green grass, country music, driving just for the pure joy of driving, I even like gutting my own food! *laughs* That is a recent discovery. I am even more determined to go hunting this fall. I think I’m gonna ask Jonathan to take me. I don’t know who else to ask. It’s not like RG would take me. I don’t even know if he hunts. Besides it takes him like a year to do anything. And that is a fact because it took him over a year to take me to see his Dad’s house. I am very thankful for the moonlit tour, it was beautiful (the home and the moon), but I did ask him for a tour in the spring of 2008 and I just got my tour this past Wednesday. Jonathan would take me… I just don’t know if he would be able to concentrate on hunting…deer. That would be a problem. I just need to buy my own gun, get a license, purchase my own deer-stand and hunt on our property. But we have dogs that would not only follow me but they would also chase the deer and then I’d want to hunt dogs instead of deer. That would be a problem. Oh, but hey, if I went this route, I could live out there too! *grins* http://home.windstream.net/tomf42344/

I need to go to bed. I’m cooking my rattlesnake tomorrow. I am so excited! I can’t wait. I know it’s going to be good. Goodnight y’all.

1 comment:

Jack Stevenson said...

You know we can muzzle the dogs and pen them up, then you could hunt using the fort (When it gets up!) as a deer stand. That's what I am going to do!