Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Food to Kill

I have about 30 minutes before I head to work. College begins... today! Can you believe it? I'm starting my second (full) semester. This semester I'm taking French II, Comp II, Learning Support Math II, Intro to Psychology I, and Weight Training. It wasn't exactly the schedule I wanted, but I couldn't get in touch with ANYONE at MGC yesterday. Still haven't heard from my advisor. But oh well... I'm registered and happy.

I completed my hunters safety course yesterday. Very proud of that fact! There are a few things I feel I need to have in order to go hunting. Boots, a knife, camo clothing (pants, shirts, socks). Here are the boots and the knife I am considering:

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp;jsessionid=WYGQN3OYBXKKRLAQBBISCNVMCAEFEIWE?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/item-link.jsp_A&_DAV=null-cat600752&id=0069913831204a&navCount=0&podId=0069913&parentId=cat600752&masterpathid=&navAction=push&catalogCode=XK&rid=&parentType=index&indexId=cat601233&cmCat=netcon&cm_ven=netcon&cm_cat=Google&cm_pla=women%20hunting%20boots&cm_ite=netcon&_requestid=32221

I like these boots because they are pull-ons and snake proof. I hate tying shoes and boots would only be worse because they are so high! And while I'm not afraid to kill or gut a snake I don't want one to bite me.

The knife:

http://www.huntingblades.com/diwigutho.html

I like this knife because it's a fixed blade. So it's stronger than a folding blade. Plus, it's made for gutting and I do plan on field dressing/gutting whatever I kill. I am so excited.

Jonathan said he would take me hog hunting. The idea scares and thrills me all at the same time. Can I just say I love the thought of killing my own food and providing for my family that way?
I need to get my license though... I've thought about getting a license to go alligator hunting... but that might be a bit much for my first hunting season. :) We'll see what happens. I like alligator so maybe...

Clothing. Yes, I am going to wear camo. But I've been thinking, I don't want to look like a bum so I want my pants, shirt, jacket to be flattering. I'm going to have to research this.

There are some great deals at Kroger this week. You guys should check them out. Plus, if you've been collecting coupons you should be able to save even more with your coupons! I am going grocery shopping after I get off work Friday... I plan to save, save save!

I've already shared this with Meg but it just looks so amazing I can't help but share it with you guys too. I want this cookbook!
http://www.amazon.com/Abel-Cole-Cookbook-Keith/dp/0007277946/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1250620276&sr=8-4
If the cover and title alone don't inspire you to cook I don't know what will!

I'm gonna run. I hope you guys have a great week! Bonjour!

1 comment:

Mickey said...

You should talk to Julie Mullis. She would for sure take you hog hunting, or anything else hunting that you couyld possibly want to kill (that's legal), I bet.