Sunday, July 5, 2009

Live in Love

I feel like no one listens to me when I talk. But I can write a blog and get their attention. In fact most times whatever I write about is discussed among the family.

I am very worried about someone I love. He is always angry. No matter what happens or what we say to him he gets angry. I am seeing a trend. I love him, but I highly dislike the fact that he is acting this way.

I am prepared to take whatever comes from this blog. I'm sure it will be a full range of emotions from a lot of different people, but I can't take this anymore. I've already seen someone I love act this way and I hated it then and I hate it now.

I love you, but if you are so discontent with your life, then do something about it. You have options you just refuse to get up and do something about it. College, a job that seems more like a dream than a job, go on a trip across the states or overseas. Use your imagination and do something wonderful for yourself.

I love you so much and I hope you realize that. I am trying to say this in the nicest way I can think of, but nothing seems kind. So just know when I say this that I am not saying it in anger. I'm saying it in love. There is a season for everything and maybe it's your season to move on. You are so discontent with your life and being around us seems to make it worse at times. I don't want you to move out, but I don't like the way you are treating others. And there are times that I believe the only thing that will help is moving out.

Man, you are so smart, you are handsome, you're talented, you can do anything you put your mind to if you would believe in yourself and take a chance. You are incredible. Believe that not only do I feel that way about you, but the Lord does too and even more than I ever could.

I realize that I've probably made you angry, but I don't like you being so angry all the time. It makes me very worried and a bit scared that you are taking a path that I had hoped no one would ever go back down.

You are worth more than you know. You can do anything. I believe in you and I will support you until the day I die. But please stop living in anger. I don't know what it will take, but do something to offset this discontentment and anger. And know I love you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really get the feeling that this is a stage that alot of young men go through. When I read this, it feels like it describes perfectly how my brother Nathan is. He's 18 and very much hating being in this house and he shows it. He's ready to leave and basically his only response to people talking to him is short grunts and one-word answers. I miss him being all happy and full of life. But also I think guys are so much different in girls in this area. They get to a certain age and something inside them just tells them that they are not supposed to be living at home anymore and need to be independent and on their own. I don't know if this is true, but it sure feels like it.

I'm definitely praying for you and your family Lydia. Love you all lots!
Love,
Hannah