Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year

Okay, wow. Can you believe 2008 is over? It's unreal. It feels like time has sped up even more and here we are starting a brand new year.

2008 has been a very good, but very hard year for me. I've learned a lot about myself and because of that changes are in store my new year. And I think for the first time in my life, I'm okay with change. I don't usually like change, but this change is exciting.

Has anyone ever kept their New Year Resolutions? I don't think I have, but I always seem to make a list nonetheless! Here they are in no order.

1. Complete as many college classes as possible.
2. Lose 30-40 pounds
3. Read one book a week (anyone want to do this with me and see who wins?!)
4. Buy a car (haha! we'll see how this goes!)
5. Paint like crazy
6. Exercise once a day
7. Get up early (like before 7am!)

I think that's all. I'll let you guys know what I'm reading each week and I'll confess like a good little girl if I don't finish. But, hey, can I make up if I read two in one week?!

Happy New Year everyone!

5 comments:

Mickey said...

Five out of seven are things that are on the mental list I've made for myself this year. How funny!

Lydia said...

That is funny! I'd love to know which ones match! I'm amazed at how much we think alike!

Mickey said...

Numbers 4 & 5 are not on my list. Okay, technically I guess the car thing might be on mine too because I do want to pay mine off...

Mickey said...

And my goal is to read ONLY one book a week. I have time management issues that I'm working on....

Lydia said...

I understand the time management problem. It will probably be a lot worse beginning next week when I start school. Plus, I have a hard time reading anything that isn't fiction so I'm really pushing myself!