Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmastime



As you can see from my check marks, I had everyone's secret person correct! I knew four of them already (not including my own), but the others I purely guessed at! It made me deliriously happy for some reason!
It was RG's idea to guess and I thought it was grand, but Christmas morning the little boys and I were the only ones who wanted to guess. Ech. Siblings can be party poopers!

A Christmas story for you. Micah, my youngest brother, needed to shop for his secret person. He had asked everyone who could drive and they were all busy, so I agreed (this was the second time he'd asked me). We were driving to Wal-Mart and going back and forth about "If you tell me, I'll tell you!" concerning our secret person; we love guessing and teasing each other trying to see some failing in hiding emotions or keeping your expression neutral when they correctly say who you have! It's so much fun! But finally we decided to share. I told him and then asked who he had. "You." He said like it was nothing. "Me?! Then why am I taking you shopping?" My mind was going crazy. How can I take him shopping, but, yet, not find out what he gets me?!
"Because you're the only one who would take me!" He sounded almost desperate and I knew how badly he wanted to go so we kept going. I was frantically trying to figure out how to to let him shop without me.
By the end of our 30 minute drive I had it worked out. I was going to ask a worker to walk him around the store. I was amazed. They actually did that and he was able to shop without me safely! I was so relieved. And I had no idea what he'd purchased for me. We made a deal not to tell anyone that I knew!:)

He was so sweet. He asked dad for my Christmas list and after looking at every thing he choose to get me coffee cups and a saucer. I had asked for espresso cups and saucers, but his gift was much better because he put thought into them. I collect coffee cups so it was perfect. He also knows I love to read so he purchased the first book in Stephanie Myers Twilight series. I finished it today.

Let me tell you, I have never been so sucked into a book as this one. It weird almost. I couldn't stop. Bethany picked it up and started reading it while we were driving to town today and I was ok with that because I can't drive and read. It's kinda dangerous you know. But once we got home neither one of us wanted to let the other read it. But since it was my gift, I got to read it! I understand why so many of my friends have been pulled into the movie and books. It has everything a girl/woman is looking for in a story. Romance, intrigue, danger, a handsome and glorious hero who desires to protect and shield our leading lady.
I haven't seen the movie, but I had read the review for it and I had no plans to read or really even watch the movie (even though I did want to watch it). But I read the book since Micah gave it to me and I'm glad I did. Stephanie Myers is an incredible writer! She weaves words like a master basket maker. The book is like perfectly aged wine or the most luxurious chocolate. It's so desired once you begin. I'll admit the story starts a little slow since Bella's dull life is as fascinating as dog poop. But then Edward walks in and, and... and he is more than amazing. He unreal. I don't know how to describe him.

I can't wait to read the other books in the series. I think Bethany and I are going to buy them tonight after we watch the movie. Which is where I'm headed now! I am so excited. I'll let you know how I like the movie. Have a great evening! I hope your Christmas was as perfect as mine!

No comments: