Sunday, February 28, 2010

A Sweet Aroma

All I can think about today is 2 Cor. 2: 15 - 16, "For we are to God the fragrance of Christ among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing. To the one we are the aroma of death leading to death, and to the other the aroma of life leading to life. And who is sufficient for these things?".
My pastor based his sermon on the 2nd chapter of 2 Corinthians this morning and those two verses hit my soul hard.

I love my sense of smell. I love being able to smell things. I love hold things, lift them to my nose and take sniff. I cannot imagine life without being able to smell. Life would be boring. There would be no roses; no coffee; no "I know that's my friends t-shirt (or whatever) because it smells like their house"; no campfires; no salty ocean air; life would not be what it is without your sense of smell.

Smells, aromas, they speak to us. They tell you what to draw near. They tell you what to push away. They tell you what to wear and what to wash. They tell you what is beautiful and what is nasty. They tell you what to keep and what to throw away. Your sense of smell is an amazing thing.

So here I am wondering if I smell like a sweet aroma of life to my Savior. I desire to smell like life. I desire to smell very sweet to Father Love.

What do you smell like? Is your aroma pleasing to Christ?

No comments: